We provide a level of understanding when a marriage or defacto relationship breaks down. We understand that often the assets of the relationship will be subject to some disagreement as to who deserves what. Where possible, we facilitate amicable resolution of disputes and we are especially aware of the significant roles of negotiation and counselling in these matters.
It is important to utilise the service of a Solicitor to ensure that negotiations are conducted fairly and that you receive what you are legitimately entitled to. We will assess your entitlement based upon:
- Assets you owned prior to the relationship;
- The income you provided during the relationship;
- Any gifts and inheritance you received;
- Any improvements you made to your property or assets;
- Your efforts put into building up and running a business;
- Your non-financial contribution such as general home duties and the raising and looking after children.
It is important to engage an experienced Solicitor such as the Solicitors at Westley DiGiorgio Norcock to ensure your assets are divided proportionately.